Translate

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Spellfury Play Testing And A New Banner



“Greetings, meine Freunde. Today, I have two tidbits to bring to your attention. First, I wish to point out my temporary banner that I made while we wait for our illustrious artist to complete the final one. Being a tinkerer and not an artist, the banner is nothing special; just something I threw together in GIMP.

The other piece of information I wish to convey is an update on the barbarian's Path of the Spellfury that I created. Yesterday evening marked the second day play testing the class, and I feel that I should inform you of a change that I made, considering it was to the section I dropped previously as a teaser. The second bullet under the Arcane Rage ability stated:

You can manipulate the forces of chance and chaos to gain advantage on one attack roll, ability check, or saving throw. Once you do so, you must finish a long rest before you can use this feature again. However, any time before you regain the use of this feature, the DM can have you roll on the Wild Magic Surge table immediately after you cast a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher. You then regain the use of this feature.

I changed the second and the third sentences to this: Once you do so, you may not do so again during the same rage. However, any time during the rage, the DM can have you roll on the Wild Magic Surge table immediately after you cast a spellfury spell of 1st level or higher.

I decided to make this change because, unlike the sorcerer’s Tides of Chaos, this ability is already limited by the barbarian’s rage, which is consequently limited to a particular number of times per long rest. Even though I do not believe that this change affects the ability overall, I feel the change makes it more clear that you can only do this during the Arcane Rage.

Please don’t hesitate to tell me your thoughts, and if you are not entirely clear on what I am discussing, see my post on March 16th, where I posted a teaser of Arcane Rage. While you’re there, don’t hesitate to vote on my poll. I am curious what content people are interested in, so I can direct my creative juices.“

~ Gerald der Zeichner, the Goblin Savant

No comments:

Post a Comment