Translate

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Introduction To Friends & A New Class Feature Teaser

“My lack of content continues as I search for an artist to assist in the visual cues of my creations. However, just because my content is somewhat lacking does not mean that I have nothing to say. Today, I will share some information about the content delivered by other inventors, and I will drop a tiny teaser for my first invention.

If you would, turn your eyes to the right side of my page and scroll about halfway down. There, you will find my links to other inventors. I have turned to these folk for inspiration in the past, and I have used some of their content in my own games.

Wait… before I get too involved in introducing these fine individuals, I should mention where I found them. If you are a Google+ user, the Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) - 5th Edition community offers a place to share and discuss D&D 5th edition content.

Alright, as I was saying. Each of these inventors manages his or her own blog, which is rich with information and new material for Dungeons and Dragons.
  • Starting with CrossPlanes, you need to check out Mark Craddock’s Clerical Work series. In it, you will find a plethora of additional options for clerics.
  • DMLeviathan has lists of house rules. For example, check out his rules on drowning
  • Raging Owlbear not only provides tons of information and links, but he is also very entertaining.
  • Starwalker Studios enthralled me with his podcasts and YouTube videos of live gaming.
  • Finally, Sterling Vermin Adventuring Co. has provided my players and me with many great options for play. The Pugilist, an entirely new class, has excited many of my players, who impatiently wait for the opportunity to play one.
So please take the time to check out each of these links.

For the past couple of years, I have served as the event coordinator and sometimes DM at the Wednesday night D&D Encounters hosted by our local game store, Jomio and Ruliette’s Cards and Comics. Currently, one of my DMs has us fighting the evils in the Princes of the Apocalypse campaign setting. The important thing here is that I am testing out my latest creation, a Barbarian Primal Path: The Path of the Spellfury. I will release this as soon as possible, but for those who would like a teaser:

Arcane Rage
At the 3rd level, you have learned to turn your furious physical rage into an arcane maelstrom. Using a bonus action and expending a use of your rage, you enter an arcane rage. While in an arcane rage, magic flows through you and chaotically surrounds you. You gain the following benefits in place of the benefits normally provided by rage:
  • While raging, your spellcasting can unleash surges of untamed magic. Immediately after you cast a Spellfury spell of 1st level or higher, the DM can have you roll a d20. If you roll a 1 through 3, then roll on the Wild Magic Surge table to create a random magical effect.
  • You can manipulate the forces of chance and chaos to gain advantage on one attack roll, ability check, or saving throw. Once you do so, you must finish a long rest before you can use this feature again. However, any time before you regain the use of this feature, the DM can have you roll on the Wild Magic Surge table immediately after you cast a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher. You then regain the use of this feature.
  • When you cast a spell that deals damage, you add your barbarian bonus damage to the spell’s damage.
  • You have advantage vs. magical attacks.
While in an arcane rage, you can cast spells, but you cannot cast spells that require concentration or maintain concentration during the arcane rage.
If you enter a rage while in an arcane rage, the arcane rage ends, and vice versa. Your arcane rage ends after one minute or if you are rendered unconscious. You can also end your arcane rage on your turn as a bonus action.

If you like that, just wait until I tighten up the bolts and post the whole thing.”

 ~ Gerald der Zeichner, the Goblin Savant

No comments:

Post a Comment