Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Check Out My Inebriation Rules!



“Top of the day to you! It’s that time of the year again, when half the world gets drunk on behalf of the Irish. Okay, I exaggerate, but the numbers are staggering, nonetheless.

In light of this momentous occasion, I bring you beer!

http://egotvonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/green-beer.jpg
Oh, I suppose I should do something D&D related, so I also bring you Twizzlers!

 https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/pbpcgpqgcgyvca5uaepn.jpg
No, seriously, in honor of St. Patrick's day, I bring you inebriation (how your players reach these stages is completely up to you):

An inebriated creature has five stages of effect. Each stage of inebriation is cumulative.  
Stage 1 Tipsy
+2 confidence bonus to all Charisma checks. Feelings of euphoria.
Stage 2 Langered
Poisoned condition and stronger feelings of euphoria.
Stage 3 Two Sheets to the Wind
Half speed and DC5 balance checks every round. If the character fails the balance check, he/she gains the Prone condition.
Stage 4 On the Cuff and Under the Table
Gains Prone condition and must make a DC10 Con save or become unconscious.
Stage 5 Wrote Off
Gains Unconscious condition and must make a DC10 Con save or drop to 0 hp and start making death saves.

Well, that is all for today. Don't let your players get too drunk."

~ Gerald der Zeichner, the Goblin Savant

2 comments:

  1. For stage one I would tell my players about the +2 bonus, but I wouldn't tell them that all DCs are also +2. It's not so much that booze makes them more charismatic, just that it makes them THINK they're more charismatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Actually, I found the disadvantage from being poisoned coupled with the +2 confidence bonus a bit funny.

    ReplyDelete